- Tysons Tailgate attracted over 500 attendees with proceeds benefitting Second Story, a local youth homeless shelter.
- OP3 worked closely with the partnership to design and helped implement their #TysonsCares program
- 60% of attendees in the B.F Saul/Literacy council workforce partnership improved scores on a national exam
- National Night Out on the Plaza featured first responders, fire trucks, police cars, Fairfax bomb dogs, and a helicopter landing as well as free family friendly activities such as face painting, balloons, and music.
Tysons Partnership has more than 100 active members which contribute to the community.
Here are a few standouts from 2017-18:
HOAR Construction, through a concerted effort with their customers, staff and suppliers donated over $7,000 to our #Shoes4Kids donation drive.
Freddie Mac, HOAR, Womble Bond Dickinson, and Avalon Bay Communities took leadership roles with our Tysons Tailgate: Building Brighter Futures to benefit Second Story, formerly Alternative House. This event raised resources and awareness for the nonprofit!
In advance of the 5K, Womble Bond Dickinson held a street party complete with music and food outside their office for clients and others to drop off food and other donations for Food for Others.
B.F. Saul/ the Doubletree Tysons gave employees paid time from their workday, and provided lunch, so they could attend workforce development language classes with the Literacy Council.
Get involved with Tysons Partnership!
- Donate to #TysonsCares to benefit community all year long.
- Host a shoe drive in your building or office for #ShoesforKids.
- Promote English learning by partnering with the Literacy Council for workplace skill-building.
- Host a food drive for Food for Others in the fall for the Tysons 5K
- Bring your office to the Tysons Tailgate for fun and community good at the same time.